Re: Piping on 64-bit Cygwin was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] llvm 3.7.1-2

On Jun 22, 2016, at 6:39 AM, Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com> wrote:

> may be is a piping problem, but there is no evidence; it could be a lot of different issues due to 64bit porting.
> I will not be surprise if there is wrong assumption on data size.

Thatâs my guess, too.

64-bit Windows is LLP64, while 64-bit Linux is LP64 on the same hardware.

That means that any binary protocol that uses Câs âlongâ data type will do the wrong thing on Cygwin, because it uses Windowsâ data size rules for ABI compatibility with Windows.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64-bit_computing#64-bit_data_models