Re: /bin/rebaselst: cannot create /var/cache/rebase/rebase_lst: Permission denied

On 2016-04-08 11:10, Achim Gratz wrote:
Houder <houder <at> xs4all.nl> writes:
Perhaps not important, but when setup is invoked like this:

     E:\Setup\bld\setup.exe -B -n -R e:/Setup/test -l
e:/Setup/_test_repository

that is, with -B

/bin/rebaselst has trouble writing:

/var/cache/rebase/rebase_lst: Permission denied, and
/var/cache/rebase/rebase_exe: Permission denied

If you use the --no-admin option, you need to do the initial and all
subsequent installs must be performed as the same user.

... uhm, ok.

Initial install and subsequent install were performed as the same user.

But I am missing some "Unix logic" here:

 - I modified the permissions of the files (chmod u+x)
 - invoked setup (using -B)
    - rebaselst is content now, though
    - it creates the same files '666' !!!!!
 - again, I invoke setup (using -B)
 - now rebaselst complains ...

As the files were created with the wrong permissions, I am not surprised.

Regards,
Henri

@@ pwd
/drv/e/Setup/test/var/cache/rebase
@@ getfacl .
# file: .
# owner: Henri
# group: None
user::rwx
group::r-x
other:r-x
default:user::rwx
default:group::r-x
default:other:r-x
@@ icacls .
. Seven\Henri:(F)
  Seven\None:(RX)
  Everyone:(RX)
  CREATOR OWNER:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
  CREATOR GROUP:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
  Everyone:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)

Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files

=====