Re: ctrl-c doesn't reliably kill ping

On 3/16/2016 12:56 AM, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> On 15.03.2016 04:00, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> Greetings, Frank Farance!
>>> So all of this is normal ISP stuff: they actually resolve unknown
>>> addresses to
>>> their own website (which is 90.242.140.21).
>>
>> This is NOT "normal", this is a violation of protocol.
>> Whoever encounter such behavior should call their ISP and tell them to
>> stop
>> doing it.
>
> Or don't tell them anything and just find an alternative DNS upstream
> for your network.

My ISP for my connection to the WWW is the one that is doing the
inappropriate redirects.  I sometime get these even when using VPN to my
employer's intranet.  My ISP also provides phone and TV Cable and I'm
guessing that the accepted practiced exception is practiced by all such
companies.

--
cyg Simple