Re: RFC2307 accounts

Le 09/03/2016 16:58, Corinna Vinschen a Ãcrit :
On Mar  9 12:50, Marc Rechte wrote:
Le 09/03/2016 12:27, Corinna Vinschen a Ãcrit :
Keep in mind that we have two mappings.  The main mapping is the mapping
between Windows SID and a computed uid/gid value used in Cygwin which
allows fast mapping in both directions.  A computed value drops the
requirement to access an LDAP server for the mapping, which is
especially bad when not using AD as mapping server.

Please read https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping-nfs
and https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping-samba
again.  The RFC 2307 mapping only comes into play when reading meta
information from an NFS or Samba share.  The unix uid/gid values have to
be mapped to a Windows user (better: SID) in the first place, not to the
Cygwin uid/gid values.  The actual uid/gid values are irrelevant.  Worse,
using the RFC 2307 values might collide with other, computed uid/gid
values.

Corinna

OK, I noticed that. Now it brings me a problem using rsync on cygwin.

On cygwin:
$ cat /etc/rsyncd.conf
[test]
         path = /cygdrive/c/tmp
         comment = zone de test
         fake super = yes
         read only = no

On the Linux box:
# ls -l /home/tunix/
drwxr-xr-x  3 tunix root                     4096  9 mars  12:23 resto_win
-rw-rw-r--+ 1 tunix utilisateurs_du_domaine 82882  9 mars  10:56 tmp.ps

#  rsync -avz --acls --delete /home rsync://192.168.0.23/test
..
# rsync -avz --acls --delete rsync://192.168.0.23/test/home/tunix resto_win/
# ls -l /home/tunix/resto_win/tunix/
drwx------ 2 1050005 1049089  4096  9 mars  12:14 resto_win
-rw------- 1 1050005 1049089 82882  9 mars  10:56 tmp.ps
That's an ls -ln, right?  The AD user and group names should have been
resolved.
No "ls -l", this is on the Linux box after restoration. uid/gid are the ones assigned in cygwin and become irrelevant here.

You will notice that owner, group and ACLs  are *not* restored properly

Am I demanding too much to cygwin ?
Off the top of my head, yes.  The rfc2307 uid/gid mapping only works
when accessing the filesystem directly from Cygwin.  By using rsync, the
info is transmitted over the net.

Corinna