Re: Latest perl JSON::XS failing when threaded

Wayne Davison writes:
> Note that it is complaining about the arg not being an object when
> decoding takes a string. If I pass it an object, it accepts the
> wrong-typed var and fails with a parsing error.

The error message is about the return value of the decode and it is the
result of a new test that obviously does the wrong thing when the
JSON::XS object is being cloned before the thread gets set up.

> I forcefully uninstalled JSON::XS and the bug goes away.

You should be able to use the previous version (3.01) until this gets
sorted out upstream.

Regards,
Achim.