Re: Updated: emacs-24.5-3 (TEST)

On 1/29/2016 9:16 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 1/29/2016 9:00 AM, Daniel Daboul wrote:
On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 1:30 AM, Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> wrote:
The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution as
test releases:

* emacs-24.5-3
* emacs-X11-24.5-3
* emacs-w32-24.5-3
* emacs-el-24.5-3
[...]
This is a rebuild of the 24.5-2 packages, patched to allow native
Windows
paths like C:\foo or C:/foo in situations where file names are expected.

If you are interested in this feature, please try the test release
and let
me know whether it works the way you expect.

Thank you for the packages. I have started to use "emacs-w32-24.5-3",
I like the new
features and I have not encountered obvious bugs.

A shortcoming of the new version "GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-cygwin) of
2016-01-23 on moufang"
compared to a mingw version "GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.2.9200)
of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN",
which I also use, is that file-name completion does not work for
find-file if
a windows-style directory path is used. - Daniel

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll see if I can figure out how to make that
work.

Actually, completion seems to work for me if I use forward slashes but not if I use backslashes. Can you confirm that? If not, please show me a case where it fails.

Ken