Re: Cygwin.ico & Cygwin-Terminal.ico cannot be deleted

On 1/14/2016 3:24 AM, Ming wrote:
Hi all,

After installed cygwin, I tried to delete the whole directory "cygwin",
everything can be deleted, however Cygwin.ico & Cygwin-Terminal.ico will be
re-created automatically.

After reboot the server, I can delete the directory without problem.
However, anyone know why? And how to delete the directory without reboot?

Windows won't allow you to delete files that are opened without appropriate sharing flags. Many apps don't set those flags appropriately. There are
tools to help you find the apps that have handles open to files you cannot
delete.  Two I know of are:

<https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896655.aspx>
<https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer>

Holliston, MA 01746