Re: Question about incorrect System path from cygpath with case-sensitivity enabled

On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Bryan Henry wrote:

> [~]$ cygpath -S -u
> /C/WINDOWS/System32
> [~]$ file `cygpath -S -u`
> /C/WINDOWS/System32: cannot open `/C/WINDOWS/System32' (No such file or directory)
> [~]$ file /C/Windows/System32
> /C/Windows/System32: directory

Although I haven't enabled case-sensitivity I noticed the following:

In power shell, the value of $env.Path is reported with windows
directories where the windows directory is given all in lower case.
But in the same shell, the name of the Windows directory given by "ls
\" is spelled "Windows". I find that to most likely be the spelling of
the directory entry because "ls" seems to faithfully report directory
names in the case given by whatever created the directory in the first
place, instead of some affectation of "ls" capitalizing things.

In Cygwin,
$ cygpath -S -u
/cygdrive/c/windows/System32

I'm running Win10/64 and 64-bit cygwin.