Re: FcFontRenderPrepare?

On 12/29/2015 5:28 AM, lloyd.wood@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
Today I built geomview-related things on two separate machines running 64-bit cygwin.
They exhibit different behaviours around fonts. On one, I had
to install a bunch of different TeX stuff (texlive-collection-
fontsrecommended, -basic, -latex) to get geomview documentation
to build. On the other I didn't - but that might be due to
having texinfo-tex preferred over the tex package...

Now, I'm getting errors launching a Tcl app I've compiled:

assertion "font != NULL" failed: file
"/usr/src/ports/fontconfig/fontconfig-2.11.1-3.x86_64/src/fontconfig-2.11.1/src/fcmatch.c",
line 453, function: FcFontRenderPrepare
Aborted (core dumped)

but only on one of the two 64-bit cygwins.

This is just a shot in the dark, but it's possible that you could work around this by making the TeX Live fonts available to fontconfig. See the last paragraph of the release announcement for TeX Live:

  https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2015-07/msg00062.html

Ken