Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] putty 0.65-2

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
>
> * putty-0.65-2

I have the "Unix" version of this on a Linux box, which I built from
source. I also have the "normal" Windows version. Which of these would
you say the Cygwin package is closest to?

I like putty much better than minicom on Linux for serial ports, but
the Windows version allows editting the ANSI terminal colors on the
fly and the Unix version doesn't. The Windows version has a context
menu for restarting the same connection and other things, which the
Unix version doesn't. These deficits don't keep me from preferring to
use putty on Linux over the various alternatives.