Re: Fw: initial cygwin installation

On 11/4/2015 12:45 PM, t s wrote:
I would like a brief answer to the questions I posed several days ago, please. I am a newbie to Cygwin and need to understand exactly how to install this application.
 What allocation unit size should I specify when formatting?
"Standard 4k or 8k if you don't expect to create tons of small files should work."
surely cygwin *does* create lots of small files on install? is NTFS with 4k okay, or should I make it less?

====>  is it okay to specify an NTFS filesystem with 4k allocation unit size, given that I believe Cygwin creates numerous small files? what allocation unit size should I specify?
Is it okay to click 'next' on the screen at; http://cpm86.com/sdcard-new-1.jpg
this would choose 'default' packages
on the top right hand side, from "keep / curr / exp" I should choose "curr" ?
thanks for your advice

What's the problem? Just go with the default. Is there something you want that's not
included in the default, then select it too. Have you really been waiting to install
all these days? You're making it too hard.