Re: Command line length in Ash or Dash Shells

Eric,

On Monday, 2015-10-26 10:14:06 -0600, you wrote:

>                                                                  So once
> you start a dash shell, that dash shell can start any number of other
> dash shells with no command line length limit other than the memory
> available to your machine.

Assume I terminate  Cygserver and any  other Cygwin  services running, I
then start "ash.exe" by double clicking it in a Windows Explorer window,
from the  command line  in the  "ash.exe"  window  I start my  Ash Shell
script which in turn starts  "setup-x86*.exe"  with a  very long command
line.

Am I interpreting you correctly in assuming that under these circumstan-
ces the maximum length of this command line  is 2 * 10**9 ASCII charact-
ers on my box?

This would be just enough I think.

Sincerely,
  Rainer