Re: convert does nothing - issue with cyglcms2-2 dll?

Greetings, Katriel Friedman!

> I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit, with Cygwin 64-bit installed from the 2.871
> installer. The Imagemagick "convert" command returns the prompt
> immediately, even when followed by gibberish, e.g. "convert adsfasdf". I
> first observed the problem with Imagemagick 6.9.1.3-3. I tried
> uninstalling and reinstalling Imagemagick, and restarting Cygwin, and the
> problem remained. I also tried downgrading to 6.7.6.3-4, and the problem
> still remained.

> When I start convert.exe directly from windows Explorer I get the pop-up
> error "the procedure entry point cmsCreateContext could not be located in
> the dynamic link library cyglcms2-2.dll". I also tried reinstalling
> liblcms2-2 to no avail.

Do you have Cygwin path set in Windows? This isn't the case in a normal
install, which would explain such effect.

> I know in the past this problem has occurred because of missing XOrg DLLs
> (https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2006-11/msg00001.html) but I'm not
> sure where to look for those DLLs now.

I'm not observing your problem, WJFFM.

$ uname -a; convert --version
CYGWIN_NT-6.1 daemon2 2.2.1(0.289/5/3) 2015-08-20 11:42 x86_64 Cygwin
Version: ImageMagick 6.9.1-3 Q16 x86_64 2015-07-01 http://www.imagemagick.org
Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2015 ImageMagick Studio LLC
License: http://www.imagemagick.org/script/license.php
Features: DPC OpenMP
Delegates (built-in): autotrace bzlib cairo fftw fontconfig freetype fpx gslib jbig jng jpeg lcms lzma pangocairo png ps rsvg tiff webp x xml zlib

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...