Re: cmake fails to run/build under Cygwin

On Sep 21, 2015, at 11:55 AM, David Stacey <drstacey@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> On 21/09/15 16:48, Warren Young wrote:
>> I just built yasm via cmake under Cygwin 64 2.1.1 on Windows 10, and it worked just fine.
>
> Did you just pick this for the sake of an example, or would you like me to rebuild yasm?

Just an example.  I said âlocate CMakeLâ here and picked the first likely-looking F/OSS program that appeared in the results.

What I want is for the *OP* to try building yasm using cmake.  (As opposed to its autotools build system.)  If that fails for him, too, then we know itâs something specific to his particular system.

I donât want you to rebuild it using cmake since it results in an unusable binary, but I think itâs because it doesnât grok Cygwinâs odd bin-is-lib rules for DLLs.