Mintty Crash on Exit after SSH on Windows 10

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and ever since I have I am getting a
hang every time I try to exit a Mintty window after using SSH.

What makes this issue more interesting is that I cant always reproduce
it. It only happens after I have long standing SSH sessions.

After I press "CTL + a + d" the final time when I am back at the
cygwin login prompt. The window hangs and my cursor disappears when I
try to mouse into the window (this includes the title bar, an exit
buttons). At this point the only option is killing from the task
manager or waiting about a minute until the window dies.

I am thinking this has to do with unclosed sockets after I have done a
bunch of googling on what might be causing this.

There is one mailing thread pertaining to a similar issue but it
doesnt match up  exactly.

It definitely started directly after the upgrade to Windows 10. I did
not upgrade cygwin until after I ran into this problem. However the
issue still persists after the upgrade. I believe I am running the
latest versions.

I have attached my cygcheck to help.

Best way to reproduce

1) Open mintty
2) ssh to a host
3) idle on this host for say 5 minutes
4) press "ctl + a + d" to disconnect from the host
5) press "ctl + a + d" to disconnect from the Mintty window

I can almost always reproduce this after working on remote servers.
However when I try to do it on command it happen every time.

I want to point out that I am also using this SSH option.

ServerAliveInterval 30

I am starting to wonder if maybe that option is causing SSH to keep
the window open as it tries to keep the server alive. It seems that
the 30 second window is close to how long I am seeing these windows
hang open.

I am not even sure where to look for more debugging. I am more curious
if anyone else is experiencing this?

Please note that I upgraded my Desktops from Windows 7 -> Windows 10
and they both see the problem. On the other hand my laptop I upgraded
from Windows 8 -> Windows 10 and it continues to work normally.

Any help would be appreciated I am stumped on this one.

Thanks

--
eSited LLC
(701) 390-9638