Re: Cygwin setup change directory permissions

On Sep  7 10:24, Max Polk wrote:
> Cygwin setup keeps showing error about package unknown in file
> inetutils-server.sh, so ran it manually and saw the actual problem:
>
> $ cd /etc/postinstall
> $ ./inetutils-server.sh
> *** Warning: The permissions on the directory /var are not correct.
> *** Warning: They must match the regexp d..x..x..[xt]
> *** ERROR: Problem with /var directory. Exiting.
> *** Warning: The permissions on the directory /var are not correct.
> *** Warning: They must match the regexp d..x..x..[xt]
> *** ERROR: Problem with /var directory. Exiting.

Duh, this is really annoying.  I have not much time ATM, so it
would be really nice if somebody could take a heart and patch the
csih helper script to do the right thing if user SID == group SID.

> Both /var and /tmp have the same directory permissions as everything
> else, which is drwxrwx--- and getfacl says other:--- and icacls says

These are not the default permissions as created by setup.  /var
is a 755, tmp an 1777 file.

Corinna

Red Hat