Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Early Deprecation Notice: Windows XP and Server 2003 support

> > Guess that's better than to stick with the kludges, migration to 10 is
> > on the way.
> From what I've seen and heard W10, while mostly stable, still coerces users
> towards the software as (an expensive) service model and follows the dictum
> that Microsoft knows more about what you want than you do (default saves to
> microsoft cloud storage, grabs your pictures for background slide show
> without asking, etc.).

I hope I can customize it to behave like XP (only the goodies of
course).

And shutdown/disable all the spying internet-connections.

> Their recent "security" patch that put machines in an endless reboot cycle
> shows the company still hasn't focused on quality or customer needs instead
> of corporate profits.  Win10 has no new innovations that customers need, few
> if any actual security improvements, and a huge price tag in terms of
> upgrades, expensive services, and retraining.  I'll stick with Win XP for a
> while longer then switch to open source products and Linux when I must.  In
> the mean time, I guess I will have to say a sad good-bye to Cygwin when they
> leave.

Unfortulately I think I'm bound to windows which is all malware anyway
since1991 ;)

-Helmut