Re: Problems with cygwin in Windows 10

Hi,

(This is the same reply I sent when Robert emailed cygwin-xfree rather
than cygwin.)

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 11:13 PM, Robert McBroom <mcforum@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Having problems with the X interface in Windows 10 (currently build 10240).
> /bin/startxwin fails with the symptoms in the attached file xwin.txt. The
> output from cygcheck -cv is also attached. What am I missing?

I have been using Cygwin/X on Windows 10 64-bit without issue, across
numerous builds (currently 10240 also.)

The 2nd time you ran startxwin, It looks like Cygwin thinks you lack
3D acceleration. Try this command:
$ startxwin -- -extension GLX -multiwindow

Also, the "UnknownGroup" might be an issue that prevented you from
writing the lock file to /tmp/. Someone else would know better than me
though.

-Mike