Re: Should cygwin's setup*.exe be signed using Sign Tool?

On 4/9/2015 8:05 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
[snip]
> The actual work that needs to be done here is to identify an alternative
> open source signing tool and how to use it.
>
> It would be nice to have such a tool packaged for cygwin, as that would
> allow people to sign any MinGW-w64 executables they make...

I've been using osslsigncode for a long time.

Ref: http://sourceforge.net/projects/osslsigncode/

It used to compile OTB in Cygwin (as well as Linux), depends on OpenSSL,
and libcurl.

But that was version 1.5.2.

The current version, 1.7.1, which on the way added "support for
compiling and running on Windows" messed things up (the usual way,
assuming that it is compiling for native Windows).  I fix it by
disabling HAVE_WINDOWS_H in the generated config.h .
--
Renà Berber