Running out of ptys

It looks like the maximum number of ptys under Cygwin is 64.

I have two 2160x3840 (4K) monitors and I'm running into this limit.
I would like to raise it.

After googling around,

I found:  https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2010-12/msg00357.html

Where someone asks about how to increase the number of ptys. And
a reply said that the limit is hard-coded. The reply says "You'd have
to rebuild the Cygwin DLL to change it."

How hard is it  to build the Cygwin DLL?

Is it something that journeyman C++ programmer without any kernel
experience could do?

If so, can someone point in the general direction of something like:

"So you want to build the Cygwin DLL"

document (if any.)