Re: update trouble 1.7.35

On Mar 24 13:28, Steve Johnson wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> I am having the same issue, but from a fresh install of cygwin64.
>
> I also tried you recommendation, but it did not work. I tried with
> just files instead of db as well, with the same results. There are no
> passwd or group files in the etc folder, so I don't know if this is
> any relevant information either.

The problem is this:  I can't reproduce this.  I need a means to
reproduce this to be able to fix it.  I'm totally stumped by this weird
problem because it seems LookupAccountSid fails and I never saw that
before and don't see this on my machines and in my environment.

I don't know anything about your environment, for instance.  I don't
know what you mean when you say "I tried with just files instead",
because you didn't say if you also created /etc/passwd and /etc/group
files and then stopped all Cygwin processes and opened the shell again.
Or, FWIW, when you changed nsswitch.conf to "db" only, if you stopped
the processes and started them again, which would be important, per the
documentation.

Details.  I need details.  Or ideally somebody with the problem
willing to debug the stuff.

For a start, the output of cygcheck -svr as outlined in
https://cygwin.com/problems.html would be helpful.  As well as the
output of getent and id as outlined in my other mail.  And ideally
the strace output generated by

  strace -o getent.trace getent passwd $USERNAME

> I would rather not post the results of the 'id' command publicly, so if
> possible, I would gladly provide them if you contact me directly or give me
> another mean to provide them.

I don't care for the company name.  I don't care for the actual group
names.  Just redact the output and call the (non-well-known) groups X1,
X2, etc, and the domain names D1, D2, etc.  The posix offset, the gid's
and well-known group names (like Users, Domain Admins, etc) don't contain
any confidential information so you can simply leave them as is.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat