Re: Telnetd fails to handle some of TIOCPKT control bytes.

On Mar  2 20:03, Takashi Yano wrote:
> Thank you, Corinna.
>
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 14:47:48 +0100
> Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, but right now we are lacking a maintainer for the inetutils
> > package.  Is maintainance for a Cygwin package something you might be
> > interest in?  If so, have a look at
> >
> >   https://sourceware.org/cygwin/setup.html and
> >   https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html
>
> I have viewed the links, but it seems that the role of a maintainer
> is a little bit difficult for me.

Being maintainer isn't really very difficult, it's just a bit of stuff
to get used to in the beginning.

> Is it difficult to fix bugs without package maintainer?

Somebody has to care for the package.  All of us maintainers have
already our own packages, everybody has only so much time, and everybody
has certain interests.  The maintainer is ideally somebody actually
using the package.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat