Re: Too Many Permissions Stripped In 1.7.35?

On Feb 27 09:57, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> > Good point.  Right now the group permissions are == owner permissions in
> > the case the owner and group are the same.  Maybe it would be better to
> > remove all group permission bits if owner SID == group SID instead.
>
> I think that would be defendable since it is purely based on how Windows and
> POSIX treat groups and users in different ways and not an artificial
> exception that Cygwin makes on top of that.

Come to think of it, this would also drop the requirement to enforce
primary group "Users" for the so-called "Microsoft Accounts", which have
their own SID as group SID in the user token by default.

Hmm, I'm really warming up to this change...

Corinna

Red Hat