Re: bug in csih?

On Feb 20 18:32, Len Giambrone wrote:
> Running the latest version:
>
> $ cygcheck -c cygwin openssh csih
> Cygwin Package Information
> Package              Version        Status
> csih                 0.9.8-5        OK
> cygwin               1.7.34-6       OK
> openssh              6.7p1-2        OK
>
> When I run
>
>    ssh-host-config -y -w XXXXX
>

> I get this:
>
> *** Query: Create new privileged user account 'WX64LG\cyg_server' (Cygwin
> name: 'cyg_server')? (yes/no) yes

WX64LG is the local machine, right?  If you're in a domain, the Cygwin
name should have been "WX64LG+cyg_server", not just "cyg_server".

> I am on a machine in a domain.  /usr/bin/getent passwd cyg_server returns
> nothing:
> $ getent passwd cyg_server

That's correct.  The user account from Cygwin's point of view is
"WX64LG+cyg_server".  Try this:

  $ getent passwd WX64LG+cyg_server

The bug is in csih_select_privileged_username(), apparently.  In a
domain environment, it should have prepended the machine name to the
"cyg_server" user name.

I'll try to come up with a fix asap.

Corinna

Red Hat