Re: Notable performance improvement in 64-bit build

Csaba Raduly writes:

> Do you have the same .profile in both installations?

Yes, the two installations are actually sharing the same home dir, I have
both of them configured to use HOME=%USERPROFILE%.

> Do you have the same bash-completion package (often the most
> time-consuming part of bash startup)?

I don't have the "bash-completion" package installed at all, neither in
the 32-bit nor 64-bit installs. I just double checked this now.

Also, I didn't mention this in the original mail, but to make sure I was
comparing apples to apples I actually put "set -x" at the top of the
.profile script, then I ran it under the 32-bit and 64-bit installs and
compared the outputs using "diff", to make sure the exact sequence of
steps was executed in both cases. Of course I removed the "set -x" for
the actual benchmark measurements.