Re: Can't Run Excel From A Cron Job Under Windows 7

Denis,

If Excel is starting a macro in the worksheet, it might be worth
adding some logging to the visual basic code.  Perhaps try this in
your Excel macro code if that is where the processing is taking place:

'--- Set up variables near the top of your macro.
'---   (Check whether you want the macro to set the current directory
(ChDir strPath) to that of the workbook.)
strPath = ThisWorkbook.Path
ChDir strPath
strLogFilename = strPath & "\" & "loggingfile.txt"

'--- Insert this block at various areas in the macro code
'--- Helps ensure logfile isn't discarded during a hang by
'---   using "Append" mode and flushing/closing immediately after
messages is written.
Open strLogFilename For Append As #2
    strLogMessage = Now & " ---- " & "Current directory is " & strPath
Print #2, strLogMessage