Re: how to embed shell script within a .BAT file

Greetings, Andrew DeFaria!

>>> (CMD.EXE doesn't like UNC paths.) I hadn't realized that I could
>>> pipe a script into bash.
>>
>> reg ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor" /f /v "DisableUNCCheck" /t REG_DWORD /d 1
>>
>> And speaking of "doesn't like", it only don't like it's own CWD to be UNC path.
>> You can still start programs by full UNC path from CMD.
>> Though, with correct settings (see above), the point is moot.

> I always thought it odd that MS invents UNC's then fails to support them
> properly in their own tools.

> Try pushd on a UNC path...

Since migration to Win7, I'm using native symlinks, and pretty happy about it.
I still occasionally hit the UNC path here and there from old shortcuts, but
overall, it's all "local" filesystem. :b

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...