Cygwin clipboard flaky on Windows 7

Further to below. I find that after a reboot I can cut and paste bidirectionally between the MS 7 and X win worlds for MS word and notepad but once I start IE 11 then cuting from MS 7 world and pasting in the X world stops working. Sometimes quitting out of IE 11 allows the cut and paste to start working again.

Thanks

Chris