Re: Starting mintty via run.exe

I found your reply on the mailing list archives and quoted it above.  Yes, the same approach worked for me (in my original question I used perl rather than bash -c, since my script was written in perl).  That's mainly an annoyance that I have to specify the interpreter directly, rather than use the shebang line.  But I'm trying to get confirmation that it's not a "bug" but rather the way run.exe was designed.

However, do you have any ideas about the flashing window which appears and then immediately disappears before the mintty terminal starts?  That's a show-stopper.  I thought that was what run.exe was supposed to prevent by making that console window hidden?  Do you get the same flashing console window with your trivial mintty-starting script?

-- John