Re: rsync and Cygwin..

On 9/23/2014 11:01 AM, Steven Dennis wrote:
This might not be too related to Cygwin, but not sure where else to
ask about stuff in Cygwin.

I am running rsync from a ubuntu server and my home computer to copy
files from the server to my computer.  I want to set up rsync to run
every hour as files on my ubuntu server change.  If I move the copied
files on my home computer that rsync copied, will rsync recopy them
the next time it is run?

This is about rsync, AFAICT, not really about cygwin-specific
behavior, but what do you mean by "moved"?  If rsync does not
see a target file, then yes, it will copy it (again, in this
case).  That's just how rsync works.  What were you hoping
for?  Maybe there's another tool that will do it ...

Eliot Moss