Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs

On 8/29/2014 4:00 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Ken Brown writes:
>> I just checked /var/log/sshd.log.  (I hadn't thought to do that
>> before.) The last message in it is, "/var/empty must be owned by root
>> and not group or world-writable."  So the problem seems to be that
>> /var/empty appears to sshd to be group writable under the latest
>> snapshot.  This is the "downside" that Corinna mentioned.  What needs
>> to be done to /var/empty to fix this?
>
> You need to remove all ACL from the directory, either with setfacl or
> (from cmd) icacls or even the security tab in Explorer.  Most likely
> these are inherited from the parent directory of the Cygwin
> installation.

The ACLs aren't inherited.  They're explicitly set by ssh-host-config:

if ! /usr/bin/setfacl -m u:system:rwx "${LOCALSTATEDIR}/empty" >/dev/null 2>&1
then
  csih_warning "Can't set extended permissions on ${LOCALSTATEDIR}/empty!"
  let ++warning_cnt
fi

This must be done for a reason, but I don't know what it is.

Ken