Re: Problem with x86_64 2014-08-18 snapshot

On Aug 18 10:18, David Rothenberger wrote:
> ssh-add is not able to connect to the ssh-agent with the 2014-08-18
> snapshot. This works fine with the 1.7.32-1 official release and
> with the 2014-08-07 snapshot.
>
> 508 ~> ssh-agent bash
> 499 ~> env | grep SSH
> SSH_AGENT_PID=7496
> SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-CCN4vv8ePXKm/agent.7288
> 500 ~> ls -l /tmp/ssh-CCN4vv8ePXKm/agent.7288
> srw------- 1 daver clearusers 0 Aug 18 10:15 /tmp/ssh-CCN4vv8ePXKm/agent.7288
> 501 ~> ps -ef | grep 7496
>    daver    7496    7288 ?        10:15:02 /usr/bin/ssh-agent
> 502 ~> ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa
> Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

Got it.  During socket testing I noticed that read and accept calls on
unconnected sockets just hang, rather than returning -1 with errno set
to ENOTCONN or EINVAL.  The reason is that Cygwin uses Winsock's socket
event handling, and the event handling simply ignores those conditions.
So I added code to check for these error conditions explicitely, but then
forgot to hanmdle the credential exchange phase during a connection attempt
on an AF_LOCAL socket.  I fixed that in CVS and created a new snapshot
on https://cygwin.com/snapshots/.  Pleae give it a try.

Thanks for the report,
Corinna

Red Hat