Problem with GNU make: No such file or directory

Hi cygwin-users,

I would highly appreciate your help with this problem using cygwin, GNUARM and GNU make via Matlab.

My Matlab code is to build a binary executable via executing GNU-ARM toolchain. Therefore Matlab calls a *.bat-file with this content

@echo off set path=E:/Programme/cygwin/bin;%PATH%; bash<cmd

The file "cmd" comprises just
make all

Running this *.bat-file I get following error:

Compiling /cygdrive/C/Users/LaborPC/Documents/MATLAB/ecrobotNXT/environment/nxtOSEK/toppers_osek/kernel/alarm.c to alarm.o
/bin/sh: '/cygdrive/E/Programme/cygwin/GNUARM'/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc: No such file or directory
/cygdrive/C/Users/LaborPC/Documents/MATLAB/ecrobotNXT/environment/nxtOSEK/ecrobot/tool_gcc.mak:108: recipe for target 'build/kernel/alarm.o' failed
make: *** [build/kernel/alarm.o] Error 127

Notably, E/Programme/cygwin/GNUARM/bin/ contains arm-elf-gcc.exe and not arm-none-eabi-gcc, since my instructions (some public instructions from 2008) say that I sould install GNUARM 4.0.2.
Installing GNUARM Embedded Processors creates an arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe, but this does not works, too.

I use:
- Matlab2014a 32-bit
- on Win7, 64 Bit.
- Latest Cygwin 32bit or 64 bit
- with make 4.0-2 (selected it in cygwin installer)
- GNUARM 4.0.2 or 4.1.1
("or" indicates that both variants did not work)

Any idea how to solve this or who to ask for help?

Best regards
Christian Sperber
University of Erlangen Nürnberg