Re: wget-1.15-1 vx wget-1.13-4, LANG and cron

On 05/13/2014 03:49 PM, First Last wrote:
> I had trouble when I updated to wget-1.15-1.
>
> I have a cron script that grabs a camera picture using
> wget.  It failed with the new wget-1.15-1.
>
> 1) wget stderr has a line:
>      Saving to: 'filename'
>
> In wget-1.13.4-1 the delimiter before the filename is a
> backtick and after the filename there is a single quote.

Yes, this was an intentional change upstream (many GNU projects have
been ditching `' quoting in favor of '' quoting, ever since GNU Coding
Standards were changed in light of modern typography looking ugly
compared to the way it looked 30 years ago when GNU first championed `').

> Also if the URL contains a <space> the filename has
> a <space>.
>
> In wget-1.15-1 both delimiters are single quotes, at
> least with LANG=C.  A space in the URL results in
> a "%20" in the filename.

Nothing here is cygwin-specific, as I just built wget from stock
upstream.  You'll get better response if you take your issues upstream,
since I suspect they are reproducible on Linux.