Re: Still testing needed: New passwd/group AD/SAM integration

I've come across a glitch involving sshd and cygserver. I normally have both running, but I've discovered that I have to start sshd before I start cygserver, or else I have problems (can't ssh from a non-administrator account to an administrator account). Here are the details on 64 bit Cygwin; I haven't tested 32 bit:

I've installed the full 2014-04-12 snapshot and removed /etc/passwd and /etc/group. I have an ordinary user kbrown and an administrator user kbrown-admin. I now do the following:

1. Start sshd.
2. Start cygserver.
3. Start a Cygwin Terminal as user kbrown.
4. ssh into the kbrown-admin account (with publickey authentication used by default).

$ ssh kbrown-admin@localhost
Enter passphrase for key '/home/kbrown/.ssh/id_rsa':
setsockopt IPV6_TCLASS 16: Protocol not available:
Last login: Tue Apr 15 13:57:12 2014 from fe80::9956:cbba:6928:151c%11

Everything is fine.

Now I close the Cygwin Terminal, stop both services, and restart them in the other order (cygserver first, then sshd). Repeating steps 3 and 4, I can't login:

$ ssh kbrown-admin@localhost
kbrown-admin@localhost's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
kbrown-admin@localhost's password:

Notice that (a) I didn't get a prompt for the passphrase for my ssh key, and (b) my password wasn't accepted.

Ken