Re: bash adds dot to $PATH

Robert Klemme wrote:
  So it could be an OS "feature" but I could not find any
documentation about this. And it is still totally unclear to me what
the criterion might be as bash suffers from this but all other shells
do not. This is weird.
----
I don't think BASH sets the path... it adds to the existing one.

The others may set PATH.

The "." in the path might be the way legacy programs can find their
personal 'libs' in their bin dir, since when most bin's are executed,
the CWD is set to the bindir.