Re: Cygwin needs a man-db port

On Mar 14 10:24, Chris J. Breisch wrote:
> Erwin Waterlander wrote:
> >Op 14-3-2014 13:58 Chris J. Breisch schreef:
> >>

> >>There's also a check 0.9.12 from January of this year.
> >>
> >>It appears to me that we should upgrade check to at least 0.9.11, as
> >>I'm unconvinced that the current version is working.
> >>

> >It was in October when I tried. I also could get libpipelines and man-db
> >compiled, but it did not work properly. I had also failing tests in the
> >libpipeline package. In the end I could display a man page in Russian
> >and English of Vim, but man-db coredumped on the Fench man page.
> >
> >I remember there were indeed problems with 'check'. At that time this
> >bug, http://sourceforge.net/p/check/bugs/88/, was still open. The author
> >of man-db suggested to set CK_FORK=no in the environment. That helped
> >for several tests, but the first test of libpipelines kept failing.
> >
> >I also had a problem that I always got static libraries instead of shared.
> >Even when I explicitly configure with --enable-static=no
> >--enable-shared=yes.
> >
> >regards,
> >
> I downloaded and built the latest version of check, and it seems to
> work much better. I still have issues with libpipelines tests. It
> appears that there is a 32/64-bit issue somewhere. I'm using Cygwin
> x64. Many of the tests fail with issues similar to the following:
>
> /home/Chris/Stuff/non-GNU/libpipeline/build/tests/../../libpipeline-1.2.6/tests/exec.c:114:(.text+0x121):
> relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbol
> `_ck_assert_failed'

The "relocation truncated to fit" gcc error message on 64 bit systems is
a red herring.  It's in fact just what it says, there's an undefined
symbol.  Off the top of my head I don't know where ck_assert_failed is
defined, probably some library, but the leading underscore is suspicious.
The 64 bit ABI does not prepend underscores to symbol names as the 32
bit ABI does.

Corinna

Red Hat