Re: Cygwin64 ignoring /etc/passwd shell field?

On Mar 11 16:58, Chris J. Breisch wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> >>I think this is what you're trying to remember:
> >>
> >>   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-07/msg00114.html
> >
> >Thanks for finding this one!  Unfortunately David has left us,
> >apparently.
> >
> >Is anybody willing to take over maintainership of the base-files
> >package?
> >

> >Thanks,
> >Corinna
> >

> It seems no one is interested.
>
> I don't know anything about package maintenance for Cygwin, but this
> particular package doesn't look that hard. I'd be willing to give it
> a shot.

Thanks!  Yes, it's really not overly hard to maintain, you just have to
be prepared for some nagging since that package is in the forefront of
user experience when starting Cygwin the first time.

> Is the information on this page (http://cygwin.com/setup.html) up-to-date?

More or less.  The upload now works differently and is described on
https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html

Corinna

Red Hat