sox - package is broken

Hi Cygwin Team,

1st sox problem:
in Cygwin 1.7.28 sound is broken. (sox + play)
I followed all hints as reply to my first post last week.

$ play blip.wav
blip.wav:
 File Size: 1.33k     Bit Rate: 94.4k
  Encoding: Unsigned PCM
  Channels: 1 @ 8-bit
Samplerate: 11025Hz
Replaygain: off
  Duration: 00:00:00.11
In:100%  00:00:00.11 [00:00:00.00] Out:1.25k [======|======]        Clip:0
Done.
==> BUT I DONT HEAR ANYTHING, but same file works with other windows
players (==> soundcard + driver + speaker = ok).

2nd sox problem:
setup for sox* packages seems to be broken too (download incomplete msg).
It is the first time I have problems installing cygwin-packages.
It is server independent (ftp:*.de).

Possible solution: Why not using sounder.exe (freeware) which works
without any setup and can play RIFF-WAVE-PCM and RIFF-WAVE-MP3 from
command line.
Together with aplay.exe (my c-code to emulate linux aplay player (using
sounder internally).

Install this way:
--
wget http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~aleks/aplay.c