Re: Little cygpath improvement request

Greetings, Larry Hall (Cygwin)!

>> It provide no information at all in any event (be it missing argument, or
>> nonexistent path (not like it's checking for existence right now... which only
>> making situation more complicated)), requiring non-obvious, manually conceived
>> tests to ensure that the program operates orderly.

> I think you're looking for more from cygpath than it's designed to give.
> Its intent is to perform direct Windows<->POSIX path conversions using the
> mount table and to provide access to some system defined paths in Windows.
> That's really it.  It is not meant to validate input or output.  If you have
> a use case which requires that only valid paths are input to or output
> from cygpath, that does need to be handled upstream or downstream.

I'm really not looking for anything besides what cygpath already do. I'm kind
of satisfied with it's functionality, except may be one bit, but it's outside
the scope of current discussion.
Since I were able to successfully build it on my own, I can play with it as
much, as my time permit.
If it would turn up into something more convincing, than two slashes plugged
into a line of code, I'll get back to the list.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...