Re: Invoking Cygwin vim from Windows Explorer

Greetings, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]!

> My suggestion was not an exact recipe, it was just a scheme.

> Here the exact step-by-step procedure.  I've checked it works on my Windows 7 box.

> From the Windows "Start" menu, in the Search box at the bottom
> (formerly called "Run") enter (substitute <YourUserName> with whatever
> ID you are going by on that Windows system):

> C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

> In the opened Explorer window, right click on unoccupied space on the right hand
pane, select "New"->>"Shortcut".

> As prompted for "Location", enter (I assume your Cygwin installation is
> at C:\cygwin):

> C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -e C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -l /bin/vim.sh

Just

C:\Programs\CygWin\bin\mintty.exe --exec /bin/vi.exe

is enough.
No need to make it more convoluted, than it really necessary.
Then everything else became unnecessary as well.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...