Re: Windows 7 64 Bit flashes DOSBox visible on Desktop when using run-1.3.0 or run2-0.4.2 to start Cygwin commands

On 28/01/2014 10:37, dyle wrote:
Hi *,

[this is my 2nd email ... got myself some mailing-list registration
problems as well ... sorry for the noise]

I try to start cygwin commands without a DOS-Box as suggested by run and
run2. To no avail. I see the CMD-Window (DOS-Box) flashing up (and down
again). I tried cygwin and cygwin64 on a Windows 7 64Bit machine.

The command does complete successful (e.g. just a "#!/bin/sh <CR> ls -1 |
wc -l > count_file.txt") but I cannot help perceiving the opening and
immediate closing of the DOSBox window. Running a series of such commands
in a loop would render my Windows desktop into a stroboscope.

if you need to run a series of command, why don't you use
the mintty terminal ?
I do not understand what are you trying to achieve with run,
it seems the wrong tool for your example.

If you want to put a stop just before closing the scripts,
just add a read
"#!/bin/sh <CR> ls -1 | > wc -l > count_file.txt <CR> read"

and it will wait a "Return" before completing the script and
closing the window.

Also I looked up the cygwin (and winsup) sources but was not lucky to find
any code or run or run2. And there's no reference whatsoever in
/usr/share/doc/run and /usr/share/doc/run2 on where to *obtain* the sources
for these packages. They do not seem to be included in the regular cygwin
CVS.

use setup do download the source package.
All sources are available on "Select Packages" window,
forth column is called "Scr ?"

Check the box, it will be deployed in "/usr/src"

I do not know what I'm doing wrong, since Google tells me it should work
without popping up a DOS-Box window.

Could anyone please post me some advice (or tell me where to obtain the
sources)?

Thx,
Oliver