Bringing up NFS server on 64 bits

 Hello! I'm back with some more news.

 Currently i am building and testing NFS Server for 64 bits. The following
was done so far:
- libtirpc package - fixed to always export svc_auth_none (see my previous
message);
- rpcgen package - successfully rebuilt and tested, works fine, no changes
required;
- nfs-server package - successfully rebuilt against libtirpc with patching.
Testing is to be done.
- rpcbind - ported to Cygwin. Testing is to be done.

 Obsolete sunrpc package is almost not needed, except public headers in
include/rpcsvc. The following subset of the is needed by rpcbind (here and
below i will refer to C code at
http://git.infradead.org/users/steved/rpcbind.git/blob/HEAD:/src/security.c)
:
--- cut ---
#include <rpcsvc/mount.h>
#include <rpcsvc/rquota.h>
#include <rpcsvc/nfs_prot.h>
#include <rpcsvc/yp.h>
#include <rpcsvc/ypclnt.h>
#include <rpcsvc/yppasswd.h>
--- cut ---
 6 files so far. To tell the truth i feel a bit bad about having to keep the
complete obsolete package just for 6 files.

 I noticed that mount.h and nfs_prot.h (together with .x from which they are
generated) are available in a fresh version inside nfs-server source code.
The only missing thing is copying them to /usr/include during installation,
which can be easily fixed.
 The rest are: rquota.h, yp.h, ypclnt.h and yppasswd.h. Their definitions
are used only by check_callit() function, which obviously has something to
do with security and forcibly denies some actions. There are several things
to be done with them and i'd like to discuss what's better:
 1. Keep original sunrpc package in extremely reduced form, containing only
include/rpcsvc directory (this is how my test build is done).
 2. Pick up this thing and make a new package out of it:
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib/librpcsvc/
 3. Export NFS-related includes from nfs-server package (creating
nfs-server-devel), and #ifdef the rest out.

 Personally i like (3) most of all because it's the simplest thing to do and
it won't pollute Cygwin with packages with almost no purpose. After all, who
uses NIS nowadays ? The only thing that makes me feeling bad - what does
this code actually do ? Won't disabling NIS-related stuff hurt security ?

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia