Re: Clearing the buffer after quitting LESS, MAN, VIM etc.

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 4:58 AM, Dawid Ferenczy <ferenczy@volny.cz> wrote:
> Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:
>
>> Problems like that interfere with my sleep so it's best to get them out
>> of the way before I go to bed.

> that's the difference between real programmers and other coders. Real
> programmer can't go to bed, when he has unsolved issue ;)

I do not like that comparison - even jokingly - because it sends a
wrong message. Sometimes it's really better to sleep things over. You
usually notice the next day when you find out that the "solution"
created new issues of its own. I'm not saying Christopher did in this
case but I would certainly not recommend to resolve all issues before
going to sleep. :-)

Cheers

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/