Re: Libevent configuring fails with "checking whether the C compiler works... no"

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2014-01-04 10:09, Dmitry Malikov wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to install tmux in cygwin (running under windows 8 if it is
>> important) from this guidance:
>> http://java.ociweb.com/mark/programming/tmuxInCygwin.html
>

> As usual, bad advice from third-party sites.  Remove steps two and three
> there, and install libevent-devel and libncursesw-devel from the distro

Should that be libncurses-devel (instead of libncursesw-devel)? I
tried with each separately but looks like only the non-w version
works. I might be wrong here as I had a few different experiments
going on.

I was assuming an older ncurses (< 5.9) was not going to work but it
does - thanks for the pointer. Thanks to the OP as well - I'd never
looked into building tmux for Cygwin - this is awesome.