Re: Clearing the buffer after quitting LESS, MAN, VIM etc.

Dawid Ferenczy wrote:
>The only difference (or one of few) was in the display size. The old laptop
>has a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels, while the new one has
>1920 x 1080. And I'm using the whole screen for the terminal window. It's
>really strange, but if the terminal window height is greater than
>cca 62 lines, the screen buffer is cleared after quitting the LESS, VIM
>etc. No matters if Cygwin is executed inside the ConEMu or plain cmd.exe.
>Making the terminal window smaller solved the problem. Window height
>of 62 lines seems to be fine for me. Also, with some of greater height
>values, the LESS/VIM process sometimes crashed.

There does seem to be a problem with the Windows console. I have 64 bit
Windows 7, and when a console window height*width is bigger than about
16384, it starts clearing the window after "less". This is running
"less" from the Windows shell. Not only does it clear the screen, it
clears it to black, even though I have a different background color.

With mintty and bash it works for me at least up to 383 rows and 1364
columns.