Re: infocmp.exe opens in a new windows-cmd window and hangs

On 12/22/2013 9:09 PM, Irfan Adilovic wrote:
Hi,

On my 64-bit Cygwin installation, when I start `infocmp.exe` from
within mintty, it opens up a new cmd-window (not mintty!), shows
options and immediately closes. However, the infocmp process hangs in
a way that defies killing -- it cannot be killed even from the windows
task manager (first attempt at killing has no effect, later attempts
return "Access is denied"). Same thing for its parent process, sh.exe.
So far, I haven't found a way of killing these two processes short of
restarting the system.

A workaround is to either uninstall ncurses or to move away
infocmp.exe -- with luck, stuff will work (for example, `perl -de0`
hangs because of infocmp, but works flawlessly with infocmp moved
away).

Now, has anyone else observed this, or am I the only one? I've tried
reinstalling ncurses without effect, any other suggestions?

I'm running 64-bit Cygwin under Windows 8.

No problem for me on Windows 7, 32-bit.  If you're still having trouble,
please read and follow the problem reporting guidelines found at the link
below with any follow-up mail to the list.  That will help others on the
list do some basic evaluation of your issue.

Larry