Re: beep perl script

Am 22.12.2013, 08:08 Uhr, schrieb Gigabit Pony:

Well I know the beep script is not yours but.. I am trying to
configure it so I hear a sound inside of Windows 7. I have cygwin with
weechat curses running in it. The set command
/set plugins.var.perl.beep_beep_command_highlight "cat
/cygdrive/d/Cygwin/beep.wav > /dev/dsp"

But it does not work at all. Any ideas why? Really would like to
switch to weechat for my main IRC program but without the audible ques
it is a no go. Many people have tried to help and told me that command
but it still is not working.

Don't know why >/dev/dsp does not work (I get just noise), but you can use ogg123 (ogg-vorbis) and play for example .oga-files:

e.g.:

ogg123 alarm-clock-elapsed.oga

That works for me on 1.7.20.

It's been a while since I played with sound-output, don't know if you can play wav-files from inside cygwin at all.

-Helmut