Re: cannot execute binary file

On 12/17/2013 11:27 AM, Gerry Reno wrote:
> On 12/17/2013 07:44 AM, Tim Prince wrote:
>> On 12/17/2013 4:32 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
>>> Greetings, Gerry Reno!

>>> It do support two _independent_ installations.
>>> This means, each of them have no way to find out about existence of the other,
>>> barring the full disk search.
>>> Yours were not that independent. Likely, them both were listed in $PATH.
>>>

>> This thread reminded me that I faced the similar problem.  Being lazy and not figuring out how to include the path to
>> cygwin1.dll when running Intel VTune profiler, I copied the .dll to the existing PATH, thus breaking the installation
>> when next running setup.
>>
> I checked the PATH and I don't see any cygwin1.dll on the PATH:
>
>     C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>which cygwin1.dll
>
>     which: no cygwin1.dll in (.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\W
>     bem)

I went and wiped BOTH of these Cygwin installations off the machine and went and installed 2 new installations in the
same directory locations and now both installations work when invoking mintty -e.  So it might have been that one of the
installations was much older and was causing some problem with independent installations.