Re: cannot execute binary file

On 12/17/2013 4:32 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Gerry Reno!

I just got finished installing Cygwin on another machine and this time the -c does work.  So I went back and looked at
the original machine.  There are 2 cygwin installations on that machine in different directories. I had forgotten that
Cygwin got installed a while back on this machine to support some app that needed it.  So somehow having 2 different
installations breaks this mintty -e capability.  Does this qualify as a bug?  Is Cygwin supporting 2 independent
installations?
It do support two _independent_ installations.
This means, each of them have no way to find out about existence of the other,
barring the full disk search.
Yours were not that independent. Likely, them both were listed in $PATH.

This thread reminded me that I faced the similar problem. Being lazy and not figuring out how to include the path to cygwin1.dll when running Intel VTune profiler, I copied the .dll to the existing PATH, thus breaking the installation when next running setup.

--
Tim Prince